• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom Port for Mysql 5.1 ( comes with Plesk installation )

WinP

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Server Information: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Parallels Plesk 12.0.18.

I understand that Mysql server 5.1 gets install by default while installing Parallels Plesk. So, I installed new MySQL 5.6 instance on server and set as a default database server. Further, I have changed the default port 3306 to another TCP port for MySQL 5.1 ( comes with Plesk ) and set default port 3306 to MySQL 5.6 instance on the server.

As of now, Everything seems to be working but I need to confirm is there is possibility that we may get issues / errors in future . Also, what if we apply any updates / upgrades on Plesk , does it revert back the port changes we done manually.

Kindly suggest if it is fine to set default port 3306 to MySQL 5.6 server. I just want to be sure that i should not face any issues or errors due to assigning default Port to Mysql 5.6 ( installed manually ).

Thanks !

Hello WinP,
From what MySQL version is Plesk it self running from ...(ie did you also move the database "psa" to your MySQL manual installation?)
Secondly, when you create databases from Plesk are they created on the new manual installation instance?

Hello WinP,
From what MySQL version is Plesk it self running from ...(ie did you also move the database "psa" to your MySQL manual installation?)
Secondly, when you create databases from Plesk are they created on the new manual installation instance?

I didn't move the database "psa" to Mysql manual installation.

I just install mysql 5.6 on server and made it a deafult database via Plesk ( tools & settings > database server >> Mysql 5.6 ( default database server ) ).
Note: it is running on 3306 port.
Further, yes i am able to create database on new manual installation instance .

Thanks !

I am actually surprised that changing the default Plesk MySQL port didn't break Plesk UI.

I am actually surprised that changing the default Plesk MySQL port didn't break Plesk UI.

It is working fine as both Mysql 5.1 and 5.6 are running on the server and its just we changed the port in my.ini file.

Can you or anyone please suggest if it is fine to change the default port of Mysql 5.1 which comes with Plesk or there is possibility that we may get issues / errors / connectivity issues in future . Also, what if we apply any updates / upgrades on Plesk , does it revert back the port changes we done manually.

Thanks !

Hi,

This is something that has never been tried, but if thought logically of this, then with plesk update, things might break. PSA will not be located and may cause issues. Its better you move the PSA DB also to the new install.

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, a small correction we were referring to MYSQL client instance installation here. We didn't change anything in Plesk MySQL instance, its running intact on port 8306. We required MYSQL 5.6 for client databases so we have installed it first.

We were expecting Plesk to pick up the MYSQL 5.6 as already installed/integrate component but it didn't so we have integrated it manually on port 3306 and configured MYSQL 5.1 to work on 8305.

Back