• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Custom port for Plesk seems to be not reachable anymore by external services after latest upgrade

King555

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS x64
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.56 Update #1 web admin edition
I use a custom port for Plesk (something like 12345) and upgraded from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52 Update 3 to 18.0.56 Update 1 and now I have two problems, which were not there before the upgrade.

1. The Plesk mobile app (Android) does not fully work anymore. While the first page in the app still works (seems to be just a web browser), the other 4 pages don't work anymore. I had this problem a long time (see Resolved - Three functions not working in Plesk mobile app), but it worked since March 2023.

2. The site uptimerobot.com, which monitors several websites and ports on my server, says my Plesk port is not reachable anymore. I already deleted and re-created the monitor there, still not reachable.

Since these two problems occured at the same time, they might by related. What could be the reason? Any ideas? Of course Plesk is still reachable via browser, and only via the custom port.

EDIT: I almost forgot: The monitoring of the Plesk web server via the Watchdog extension never worked (maybe because of the custom port), but currently it works (since the update). That's the third thing which changed after the update, and everything seems to be port related.

Back