• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom Topics not working

eskinner@ourams

New Pleskian
Hi there,
I am importing a custom topic that I updated from an existing topic and am receiving an error. Below are the steps I have done to import the custom topic:

- I created a snap-shot and uploaded the ssb file to our server.
- I then converted it to a zip and uploaded it into WPB.
- I then edited the info.lng and site.lng files to update the relevant data.
- I then updated the CustomSiteTemplates.lng file with the relevant data.
- I then exported a category file and checked to make sure the new category and topic appear.
- I logged into WPB and the topic appears under the correct category as an option in the Select Your Website Topic.
- I then selected the new topic and fill out the relevant information in the Prefil your Website popup.
Everything looks good so far.
- I then click Submit and Create Site and I get the following error:

Unable to connect to Web Presence Builder server. Please contact the server administrator.

The other topics work fine so I'm guessing it is part of the import process. Have I missed something? I tried it a few times but I get the same results.
Please let me know what may be the issue.
Take Care,
Ed

Hi Ed,

Can you PM me the link to .ssb file you're using to create your custom topic so we can check it internally and try to reproduce your steps?

PS. Custom topic functionality has some issues we're aware of, and we're planning to improve it in 11.1. I'll see what we can do right now to help you out. Thanks for reporting your issues, Ed.

Last edited:
Hi Custer, I have sent you again a copy of two .ssb files that produce the same error: Unable to connect to Web Presence Builder server. Please contact the server administrator. We can not get these to work at all and are not able to move forward with your product... We have had this product for months now and can not even begin to use it. Please, Please take a look at the PM I sent you and please help me understand how I can get this working... This has now become critical path for us.
Thanks

Many thanks to Custer for helping us get through this issue. So others may benifit from this discussion I will post the fix we used to make this work. It was quite simple.
When we converted a new topic from .ssb to the .zip file as described in the documentation we simply removed the --useSnapshotDesign flag.
For example the command that wouldn't work is:

admin\bin\php.exe -c admin\php.ini -dauto_prepend_file="" sb\utils\snapshot2wst.php --create --snapshot=YourTestSite.ssb --file=YourTestSite.zip --templateCategory=YourDesiredCategory --templateCode=YourTestSite --useSnapshotDesign

Changed it to this and all worked fine:

admin\bin\php.exe -c admin\php.ini -dauto_prepend_file="" sb\utils\snapshot2wst.php --create --snapshot=YourTestSite.ssb --file=YourTestSite.zip --templateCategory=YourDesiredCategory --templateCode=YourTestSite

Thanks again to Custer for helping us on this one.
Take Care,
Ed

Back