• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Customer and Business Manager Installation failed

WilcoW

New Pleskian
Preparing to Start Customer & Business Manager

Error: Failed to configure Business Manager. See the log below for details and fix the problems if possible. Business Manager will restart the configuration procedure next time you log in to it.
Preparing...

There it stops, no log etc.
Clean install Windows 2008 R2 Web x64, Plesk 10.3.1.
First finished the basic installation, configured one domain with ssl certificate.
Then started the Customer & Business Manager. On a different server had problems with Customer & Business Manager in combo with ssl certificate. This is why I did it the other way around this time.

Anyone an idea where to look?

Hello,

Try to execute command
"%plesk_dir%"\admin\bin\billing-integration.exe --command=install

And post here the output.

If there will be an error like
Server error (code 500): Exception with message 'Script error [2] in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\sso\htdocs\lib\SslUtils.php (101): openssl_pkey_new() [<a href='function.openssl-pkey-new'>function.openssl-pkey-new</a>]: unable to write random state' caught at top level. (HTTP code: 500)

then use the following instructions:
1. You must set RANDFILE variable by System Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> System variables -> new variable RANDFILE=C:\WINDOWS\Temp\random.state.rnd
2. Set RW permissions on temp catalog for "psaadm" user.
3. Find old RND files on the system disk where the Parallels products were installed (use *.rnd matching pattern).
4. Delete all files you found with name '.rnd'.
5. Restart IIS.
6. Execute "%plesk_dir%"\admin\bin\billing-integration.exe --command=install

I have the same problem

I have the same problem, how do I fix it?.

I get only this:

Preparing to Start Customer & Business Manager

Error: Failed to configure Business Manager. See the log below for details and fix the problems if possible. Business Manager will restart the configuration procedure next time you log in to it.
Preparing...

Hello,

Try to execute command
"%plesk_dir%"\admin\bin\billing-integration.exe --command=install
in command line

And post here the output.

Running the command it gives me this output:

Customer & Business Manager is upgrading to version 10.3.0-1. Please wait.Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: '\billing-integration.exe': directory is wrong!

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Running the command it gives me this output:

Customer & Business Manager is upgrading to version 10.3.0-1. Please wait.Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: '\billing-integration.exe': directory is wrong!

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

What I did was to reinstall the Business Manager using the downloaded MSI files. Now this is the error message that the command is displaying:

Warning: You have exceeded the number of customer accounts you can have in the system. Please upgrade your license.
The license key is invalid. In order to use the Customer & Business Manager, please obtain and install a new valid license key. Contact Parallels sales representatives to obtain the proper license key.

Thanks.

This error should not appear during upgrade - this was fixed in microupdate for 10.3 version. But since you reinstalled the package manually, these updates were not applied.
To install all microupdates for 10.3 version run Parallels Installer with key --reinstall-patch
$PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/bin/ai.exe --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

But in any case CBM is not available in your license - it is not a free component.
Could you say, what version did you upgrade from?
You can send me a private message with version you've upgraded from, your license key number, fullname and e-mail for contact.

I have the command you indicate and I get many things, but what I listed first is: failed to process request [7] Could not connect to host

What should I do?

the file has been created is this:

integration.php.crash:

--- GENERAL ----------------------------

Description: 'Failed to process request: [7] couldn't connect to host' at C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\PleskAgent.php:31
Created: 2011-10-13 12:04:42
Action:

----------------------------------------
To obtain more details, turn the debug logging on. For details on how to turn the debug logging on, see the context help on the 'Events > Debug Log' page

Please enable debug mode - set ALLOW_DEBUG_LOGGING variable in the bottom of file C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\lib-billing\include\config\config.php to value 'true'
And restart utility "%plesk_dir%"\admin\bin\billing-integration.exe --command=install
to get more details

Suggestion - looks like server hostname is wrong.
"%plesk_dir%"\admin\bin\billing-integration.exe --command=install --hostname=domain.com

Pay attention that 'domain.com' must be hostname which can be resolved into IP both locally and globally - configure DNS zone or add items into 'hosts' files on server and on your local machine

Last edited:
I still indicates the same error.

I state the following command:
"%plesk_dir%"\admin\bin\billing-integration.exe --command=install --hostname=http://s15369448.onlinehome-server.info
if that's not what I have to point out or I have to point to the ip?

the document created is bigger this time and indicates the following: attached

Attachments

• integration.php.crash.txt
    266.1 KB · Views: 3
Try
"%plesk_dir%"\admin\bin\billing-integration.exe --command=install --hostname=s15369448.onlinehome-server.info

--hostname must contain full qualified domain name, without protocol (http://)

nothing, I hired another server and I get the same thing:

--- GENERAL ----------------------------

Description: 'Failed to process request: [7] couldn't connect to host' at C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\PleskAgent.php:31
Created: 2011-10-25 04:39:38
Action:

----------------------------------------
To obtain more details, turn the debug logging on. For details on how to turn the debug logging on, see the context help on the 'Events > Debug Log' page

Hello, JoseSPAIN

Could you send me credentials to your server (web + ssh) via private message.
I'll try to take a look at the issue.

Hello, JoseSPAIN

I've looked at your second server
What I've done:
1. I've found that Plesk is configured to work with hostname s*****.domain.com but this hostname couldn't be resolved into IP.
I've added an item into Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file "::1 s*****.domain.com"
Also I've added an item into hosts file on my computer to resolve this hostname from my side.

2. I've created new self-signed cert in Panel for this hostname and secured the panel using it.

3. I've restarted utility billing-integration --command=install

Now the server is OK.

Do you need my help with the first server? Looks like it is completely broken for some reason...
Investigation can require significant time.

If you want to change hostname, I recommend you to use update-hostname utility from %plesk_dir%\admin\bin directory
This utility will change hostname both in Plesk, CBM and SSO service to keep all these applications integrated.

Be careful, new hostname also must be resolvable into IP both locally (you can check this typing "ping new_hostname" into CMD on server) and globally (you can check this typing "ping new_hostname" into CMD on your local computer)

Hello Eugenel.

Now there is another problem, never log out of admin and users can not access the panel. Why is that?

Does the client manager can not be put in Spanish?

Back