• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

customer backups

S

swebs

I noticed a few other treads that mention the same problem I'm seeing.
When running a customer backup using the control panel everything seems to work fine except the subject of the email says :
"process has failed"

Everything in the email seems to look like it was successful with the only negative being postgres, which we dont use anyways.

Am I ok to assume the backup was ok and the backup file is good?

what is the easiest way to check the backup file without impacting live customers?

Thanks in advance.

Easiest way with no impact on live customers, would be to have a test server (as close to the live server specs as possible) transfer the backup file to the test server and run a restore. Then check everything thoroughly.

Pretty much the same method no matter what type of backup or server or OS, no matter if backup is tape or file. Always try to compare apples to apples... (meaning hardware/software/OS similarities)

I have the same problem "Backup Failed" but it really is ok besides the PostgresSQL. How can I make it ignore the DB so the Backup email report says it is good?

Thanks!

Back