• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Customer has subdomain of another customer's domain

M

mkmko

Web services:
How can I configure that customer A has a domain like test.com and customer B has subdom.test.com?
I tried to create subdom.test.com as a regular domain within customer B, but it seems that accesses go to test.com/index.html instead of subdom.test.com/index.html.
Both customers have the same shared IP address. Using two separate IP addresses works as desired, but only one IP will not.

I'm new to Plesk, so please give me a hint anyone.

TIA,
Mik

Addendum:

To be more clear, imagine there are three 'customers' A, B and C. There's one domain which should get subdomains like techsupp.domain.com, software.domain.com and billing.domain.com. Each of them is maintained by a separate company.
Tried this first with adding a subdomain as real domain, but then each subdomain shows the default page. When I started to give them own, non-shared IP addresses, it works. But I don't have that much addresses to address each subdom issue in the future.

Back