• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

dash in database and statistics wrong

Mickael Salfati

Regular Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.2, Debian 6 x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Create a database for a domain with dash in name (for example "test-test" without quote of course), fill this database with some data's Mo.
Launch statistics calculation on the domain.

ACTUAL RESULT
statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mysql/test-test
System error 2: No such file or directory
statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mysql/test-test
System error 2: No such file or directory

The database "test-test" is completely ignored in quota.

EXPECTED RESULT
statistics should be abble to calculate correctly the size database.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
on the disk (in /var/lib/mysql) the directory database is called test@002dtest (according my example) it's why statistics tools cannot find it.

Last edited:
IgorG,

It's not enough to say to all my customers/resellers that it is recommended to not use dash in database name.
Software need to block this character if it doesn't support it. It's a real security issue that allow all customers/resellers to overuse them quota !

We haven't heard any complaints regarding this issue from any customers except you.
This issue exist for all customers but they don't know, don't ignore my request please. Do a fresh install of plesk 10.2, create a database with dash in name, fill this database with sample datas, calculate the statistics on the domain and you'll see that this database is completely ignored.

You can fill known form and I will forward it to developers.
My PLesk license is leasing with Online (french compagny) each time when I precise my number licence I never can't send my form.

It's noted fixed in 9.5.1, and patchs available concern plesk 9.x. so no way to apply this solution.

Thank you. I have forwarded it to developers. Let's wait their answer.

Try to use attached fix for Debian 6 x64.

Attachments

• statistics_deb6x64.zip
    96.9 KB · Views: 1
Hello Igor, although a quite old topic, I have the same problem, using PSA 9.5.4 on a 64-bits centos 5. Do you have a fix for this OS as well, would be really helpful!

Sorry, but 9.x versions are not supported and we do not make any patches or fixes for this version.

Back