• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database access error after every update of MySQL

FrantišekH

New Pleskian
Hi.
Everytime when Plesk updates MySQL (three times a year?), one (always the same) user is unable to access his database. I have to remove him (via phpMyAdmin) and add him back, with all the same parameters, and it works. May be that restart of mysql daemon or flushing privileges will help, I did not tried yet. All other users work without problems.

But why that user stop working after every MySQL update?

CentOS 5.9, Plesk 11.0.9 Update #35

Thank you.

Plesk absolutely did not affect anything during MySQL packages update. So, check this behaviour on MySQL level.

Plesk absolutely did not affect anything during MySQL packages update. So, check this behaviour on MySQL level.

I am not sure. The only difference I see between that one faulty MySQL login and all other working logins is that all sites except that one are in Plesk in one subscription (me, as an admin) and that faulty site is in the only other subscription.

Other difference was that only this user has "GRANT" privilege on this faulty user name. I removed that privilege a we will see after next Plesk update ;o)

Back