• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database 'Make a Copy' not working 10.3.0

Do you have this problem with 10.3.0?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rosskendall

Basic Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
PLESK, 10.3.0, openSUSE 11.4, 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Prior to upgrade (10.2.x) the panel feature to 'Make a Copy' of a database worked without problems, now after upgrade to 10.3.0 this feature no longer works
- Go to domain control panel
- Under 'Websites & Domains' -> 'Databases' select an existing database with data
- Under 'Make a Copy' choose following options:
- Destination database server: Local MySQL server
- Copy to existing database: (choose existing empty database)
- Tick 'Create a full copy'
- Click 'OK'

ACTUAL RESULT

A 'please wait' message appears over the OK button for about 5 seconds and then the page returns to the main database page. After checking the copy destination database, no structure or data has been copied

EXPECTED RESULT

The database structure and content should be copied to the destination database.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

If the 'Create database with name' is chosen for Destination database, a database is created but no structure or data is copied to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

POLL: If you run Plesk 10.3.0 Linux can you test this on your server and answer (yes/no) if you can reproduce the error. (I just saw the poll option and thought I would give it a try :) )

Do you mean that I should forward your request to developers in case poll will indicate more Yes than No? :)

Same Issue on on 10.3 and 10.3.1

Version Parallels Plesk Panel v10.3.1_build1013110726.09 os_Ubuntu 10.04
OS Linux 2.6.32-4-pve

Best regards
Ingo

Hello,

Same issue (psa v10.3.0_build1012110629.18 os_Ubuntu 10.04)

Best regards.

Jerome

Upgraded to 10.3.1 and the "Make a Copy" function is still not working. It creates a new database, but doesn't create a user and doesn't import any data or table structure.

Any word on when this might be fixed?

Request to developers is already submitted and they are working on it. Now I haven't any ETA when it will be fixed. I will update thread with any results as soon as I receive it.

Try to replace file /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/DbCloneHelper.php with attached and inform with results.

Attachments

• DbCloneHelper.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 25
problem fixed

after replacing DbCloneHelper.php as suggested, "Make a copy" works fine on Plesk 10.3.1, at least in the scenario i tried, make a copy to an empty existing DB with a user under a different domain. Thanks.

Same Problem on the Centos version Plesk 10.3.1 the new DbCloneHelper.php don't resolve the problem.

Thanks forehand for help.

This bug will be completely fixed in 10.4 version. I have requested DbCloneHelper.php for 10.3.1 and will publish it here as soon as I receive it from developers.

From developers:

Actually attached file resolves a problem with copying the database. But it doesn't help for dbusers. So you should add the database user and after that you can use webadmin and see a copied database.

Was this ever resolved for 10.3.1? I've tried replacing the file with the one attached here but it still won't copy the database.

Thanks
Matt

Back