• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

DB connections...

JulienMo

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am Julien from France and I m a new to Plesk!

I want to test Plesk because I am not an expert with Linux command and it sounds a really great product Parallels gives us!

So here's my problem :

I create a new subscription and I put my website via FTP, ... Well everything is well configured.

But I want to connect my website to a database but, I don't know how to connect to it, don't know how to create it... Well all this thread is really not cleared! How can I create a distant DB and how connect it to my website?

Thanks for reading :)

Best regards,

Julien

Hello,

I am Julien from France and I m a new to Plesk!

I want to test Plesk because I am not an expert with Linux command and it sounds a really great product Parallels gives us!

So here's my problem :

I create a new subscription and I put my website via FTP, ... Well everything is well configured.

But I want to connect my website to a database but, I don't know how to connect to it, don't know how to create it... Well all this thread is really not cleared! How can I create a distant DB and how connect it to my website?

Thanks for reading :)

Best regards,

Julien

If you have any tutorials or a need by Skype very quickly it should be great :)

Hi JulienMo

Are your homepage using a database ?
If so Create a database under subsriptions/the domain name / databases
and a database user !

hope this helps you

//
Jonas

Thanks but it didn't work.

Here's the error I have when trying to connect to database :

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

Any ideas ?

Back