• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue DB query failed / 'psa.smb_users' doesn't exist in engine

Erwan

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.50.2
Hi all,

After installing Plesk on a new instance, everything works fine.
I perform a reboot and i've thsi result after identification:

DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'psa.smb_users' doesn't exist in engine, query was: DESCRIBE `smb_users`

Why this problem? and how can i solve it?

I try to modifiy my.cnf and bind-address IP but non result :(

Erwan

Sounds like a corrupt database. Do you see any database related entries in /var/log/mariadb [Edit] /var/log/messages that could point to a corrupted table? How was the reboot done? Was the database service properly stopped before rebooting the server?

Last edited:
Oh I am sorry, I typed mariadb, but it should have been /var/log/messages. I original wrote to look out for mariadb entries in /var/log/messages, then I must have mixed the two names up all into the non-existent file name.

Ok for /var/log/messages.
But nothing about mariadb message or mariadb error in the file...

O.k., so this is an important check (if MariaDB tables or databases are corrupt). If there are no such entries in /var/log/messages hinting to corrupt tables, I suggest running (as root) plesk repair db -y. It might detect the issue and fix it. Or it will say that it cannot fix it.

#plesk repair db -y
Checking the Plesk database using the native database server tools
DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused
The database structure is corrupted. You can try to repair it with "plesk repair installation" and "plesk repair db".
exit status 1

# plesk repair installation
Reconfiguring the Plesk installation
Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

mysqldump: Got error: 1932: "Table 'psa.BlUpgrades' doesn't exist in engine" when using LOCK TABLES

**** Product repair started.
Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

Trying to start service mariadb... active
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to find Plesk database psa... version is 018000000
Trying to backup MySQL database... mysqldump: Got error: 1932: "Table 'psa.BlUpgrades' doesn't exist in engine" when using LOCK TABLES

ERROR while trying to backup MySQL database

Check the error reason (see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.50_repair.log), fix and try again
mysqldump: Got error: 1932: "Table 'psa.BlUpgrades' doesn't exist in engine" when using LOCK TABLES
***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to backup MySQL database

exit status 1

This seems to be a more severe issue. Part of the Plesk database structure is missing.

You can try to restore all of the psa table from a previous, non-corrupt backup if you have this separately. Please see details on this process here:

If you would not want to try this, on-server support is needed. In that case, please open a ticket with Plesk support.

Back