• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Unable to log in to Plesk via SSH.

eyrffd

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7 x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48.0
Hello.

I unable to log in to Plesk via SSH. When I access my website and Plesk panel, I get a 521 error (I'm using Cloudflare). When I try to connect to my server IP, the error "Unable to connect" is displayed. When I try to connect via SSH and command plesk login , the following error is displayed.

Could not open Repository at "/etc/sw/keys": Cannot open file: /etc/sw/keys/info [] 105677:64bfb9267d0e9 ERR [panel] Cannot load settings: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'psa .misc' doesn't exist in engine, query was: select param, val from misc Could not open Repository at "/etc/sw/keys": Cannot open file: /etc/sw/keys/info [] 105677:64bfb9267d0e9 ERR [panel] Unable to get key: Re pository is not opened DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'psa. ServiceNodes' doesn't exist in engine, query was: DESCRIBE `ServiceNodes`

I have tried several methods for recovery. And the conclusion I came to is that my server is pretty much broken. In fact, months ago, even years ago, the server stopped working from time to time. Each time, I didn't solve it in the exact way, but I solved it in a rule-of-thumb way. Currently, the server has been stopped for several months because I did not recover it after it stopped. I don't know where to start trying to recover. Is there anyone who can help?

This sounds like you need support, especially if database structure is affected. However, for that old Plesk version, no support can be provided. Maybe you could first upgrade to the latest Plesk version. This will probably already solve a lot of issues. Then run plesk repair installation if issues persist and plesk repair db -y. If you cannot login to the console at all, e.g. using PuTTY or another suitable SSH client, things are tough. In that case you could ask your data center to attach a KVM console to your system (if dedicated), so that you can login bypassing SSH.

This sounds like you need support, especially if database structure is affected. However, for that old Plesk version, no support can be provided. Maybe you could first upgrade to the latest Plesk version. This will probably already solve a lot of issues. Then run plesk repair installation if issues persist and plesk repair db -y. If you cannot login to the console at all, e.g. using PuTTY or another suitable SSH client, things are tough. In that case you could ask your data center to attach a KVM console to your system (if dedicated), so that you can login bypassing SSH.
Thank you for answer. I ran the commands below to update Plesk.
plesk installer install-all-updates
plesk installer install-panel-updates
plesk installer update

Then the following error occurred and the update failed.

You already have the latest version of product(s) and all the selected components installed. Installation will not continue.

I searched for this error and this post came up, and when I ran

plesk repair installation

Than, I got the following result.

Could not open Repository at "/etc/sw/keys": Cannot open file: /etc/sw/keys/info
[] 524980:64c1098e081c6 ERR [panel] Cannot load settings: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'psa.misc' doesn't exist in engine, query was: select param, val from misc
Could not open Repository at "/etc/sw/keys": Cannot open file: /etc/sw/keys/info
[] 524980:64c1098e081c6 ERR [panel] Unable to get key: Repository is not opened
[] 524980:64c1098e081c6 ERR [panel] Cannot save cli call statistic DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'psa.CliCallsStat' doesn't exist in engine, query was: INSERT CliCallsStat (`util`, `command`, `lastExecutionDateTime`) VALUES :)util, :command, now()) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `count` = `count` + 1, `lastExecutionDateTime` = now()
DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'psa.ServiceNodes' doesn't exist in engine, query was: DESCRIBE `ServiceNodes`

exit status 1

Thanks again for your help.

Regarding the keys issue, this has been seen before, but the cause remained unclear. The standard solution could be to

1) rename some files:
# mv /etc/sw/keys/lock/ka.dpkg-new /etc/sw/keys/lock/ka
# mv /etc/sw/keys/lock/repository.dpkg-new /etc/sw/keys/lock/repository
# mv /etc/sw/keys/info.dpkg-new /etc/sw/keys/info

2) Then run the installation again.

The database issue is more tricky. To me it looks like not only one, but at least three tables are missing from the psa database. The standard solution for that is to restore that psa database from a backup, but as it seems to be badly damaged I recommend contacting support on it (now that you have the newer version or at least attempted to install the new version). They will be able to determine the cause or fix it or at least give the technically best advice on it. https://support.plesk.com

Regarding the keys issue, this has been seen before, but the cause remained unclear. The standard solution could be to

1) rename some files:
# mv /etc/sw/keys/lock/ka.dpkg-new /etc/sw/keys/lock/ka
# mv /etc/sw/keys/lock/repository.dpkg-new /etc/sw/keys/lock/repository
# mv /etc/sw/keys/info.dpkg-new /etc/sw/keys/info

2) Then run the installation again.

The database issue is more tricky. To me it looks like not only one, but at least three tables are missing from the psa database. The standard solution for that is to restore that psa database from a backup, but as it seems to be badly damaged I recommend contacting support on it (now that you have the newer version or at least attempted to install the new version). They will be able to determine the cause or fix it or at least give the technically best advice on it. https://support.plesk.com
Hello. Thank you for answer. I ran the command you gave me and got the following result.

[root@ /]# mv /etc/sw/keys/lock/ka.dpkg-new /etc/sw/keys/lock/ka
mv: cannot stat '/etc/sw/keys/lock/ka.dpkg-new': No such file or directory
[root@ /]# cd etc/sw/keys
[root@ keys]# ls
[root@ keys]#

It looks like there are no files in the /etc/sw/keys directory.

It looks like a completely broken Plesk installation. Please contact support for a solution.

Back