• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]

Vinoth

New Pleskian
Hello,

MSSQL is running properly. I can able to login sql management studion. But in plesk it is not working. It showing bellow error
During the last attempt to connect to this server, an error has occurred.

I also checked with TCP/IP and firewalls. Everything is fine.

I got this following error while deleting the database from plesk

Delete database user failed: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: DatabaseManagerMSSQL.php:52
DatabaseManagerMSSQL->dropUserImpl(string 'haribala', string 'test')
1: DatabaseManager.php:110
DatabaseManager->deleteDatabase(object of type Database)
2: db_server_databases.php:39

Regards,
Vinoth

it's looks like unable to connect with current credentials. did you chahge it after Plesk installation?
If yes, go to Tools & Settings>Database Servers> Local MS SQL server and change credentials correctly, because Plesk use that info and can't update it in case of manual changing not via Panel

Last edited:
Error
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. (Error code 1)

happens when you try to connect to nonexistent mssql server.

When wrong credentials are provided MSSQL replies
Login failed for user 'sa'. (Error code 1)

It looks like that MSSQL server address which is stored in Plesk database is incorrect. To check the problem you need to check the address of the database server in which database is created. Then try to connect to it using osql.exe tool.

osql -U sa -P password -S server_address

I think you will get the same result as Plesk. In this case you need to correct database server address in Plesk DB (it is stored in table `databaseservers`). Also you need to make sure that service "SQL Server Browser" is running in case you run MSSQL in non default instance.

Back