• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (SECCreateCredentials()).]SSL Security error.

hosting operation

New Pleskian
Hi,

I found the following error on my server when i add the Ms SQL server as database

Error: The test connection to the database server has failed because of network problems:

Get database server version failed: mssqlmng failed: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (SECCreateCredentials()).]SSL Security error.
at (VADOConnection::eek:pen line 48)
at Unable to ADO conect with connection string: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=master;Data Source=localhost(VADODatabaseProvider::connect line 182)
at execute console command --get-server-version(vconsoleapp::start line 100)
at execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\mssqlmng.exe" --get-server-version "--server=localhost" "--login=admin" "--password=*"(vconsoleapp::run line 117)
(Error code 1)

My server is Windows server 2012 r2
My database is SQL server 2012
and Plesk 12.5.30

Only TLS 1.2 is enable on, and all the client side the TLS 1.2 is set on

I've updated the microsoft TLS 1.2 support as the following link :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3135244

Can anyone help me?

You need to install the new MSOLEDBSQL provider from Microsoft and replace "SQLOLEDB" with MSOLEDBSQL in your connection string. You might have some minor errors with DateTime2 data elements in a website, but you can fix those by manually forcing datetime conversions to be MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS and that takes care of it.

I posted this here since we're upgrading all our PCs here to TLS 1.2 and I spent a bit of time getting that answer and fixing them. It works just fine for almost all things for me.

You need to install the new MSOLEDBSQL provider from Microsoft and replace "SQLOLEDB" with MSOLEDBSQL in your connection string. You might have some minor errors with DateTime2 data elements in a website, but you can fix those by manually forcing datetime conversions to be MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS and that takes care of it.

I posted this here since we're upgrading all our PCs here to TLS 1.2 and I spent a bit of time getting that answer and fixing them. It works just fine for almost all things for me.
It not helped me

To solve this issue I used the tool: IISCrypto.exe to enable TLS 1, 1.2 etc. in the server. After enabling the required version of TLS, the issue got resolved.. I hope this helps.

Back