• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DCom error after sp1 applied

chartman

Basic Pleskian
Greetings:

I am running a Windows 2003 Server with Plesk 7.5.

We installed sp1 for Windows 2003 server and since then have been getting all kinds of dcom errors specifically involving DrWeb. The error is as follows.

The launch and activation security descriptor for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B7FF909-F525-4F67-AC61-B74ED9BEB9D8}
is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services administrative tool.

I went to Regedit and found out that the key is referring to the DrWeb.Scanmail process.

I have been directed to "Component Services" and am trying to figure out what settings DrWeb needs to run correctly.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Did you get this fixed, I'm getting lots of similiar errors as well.

The launch and activation security descriptor for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B7FF909-F525-4F67-AC61-B74ED9BEB9D8}
is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services administrative tool.

Cheers
Mike

Back