• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Debian Plesk 12.5 PHP 5.6

Yes, there are instructions for rpm-based Linux distros. You have deb-based Debian with apt-get package manager.
Therefore you need to adapt these instructions for your OS and use it.

The default php version from Plesk is 5.4.45.
I have the option to select php 5.6 or 7.0 in the website settings.
How can i add oauth to the 5.6 php version.

Schermafbeelding 2016-07-29 om 11.56.08.png

If i try:

apt-get update
apt-get install php-pear php5-dev
pecl install oauth

I get:

Schermafbeelding 2016-07-29 om 11.59.02.png

First of all, you need to install all necessary additional components, like plesk-php56-devel, gcc, glibc-devel, zlib-devel (for Debian name of packages may be different) with apt-get. After that, if you need oauth for PHP5.6 version, you need to use

# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install oauth

command instead of your "pecl install oauth"

why the PECL not work on me? :( with Plesk Onyx debian (deb8u2)?
i receive always follow error:

Code:
root@www ~ # /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/pecl install oauth-1.2.3
-bash: /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/pecl: No such file or directory
root@www ~ # /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/pecl install oauth
-bash: /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/pecl: No such file or directory
root@www ~ #
because my path is a little bit other, also i dont have this /bin/ folder here my right path (pic) and i have change it to /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/pecl install oauth instead /bin/ also have /etc/ but nothing also same reason
Code:
root@www ~ # /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install oauth-1.2.3
-bash: /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl: No such file or directory
Code:
root@www ~ # /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install oauth
-bash: /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl: No such file or directory
Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-11 um 11.21.25.png

Hi Ankebut,

could you please post the output of the command ( logged in as user "root" ):

Code:
apt-cache policy plesk-php56-dev

that is always installed for php 5.6
Code:
root@www ~ # apt-cache policy plesk-php56-dev
N: Unable to locate package plesk-php56-dev
But i need install for php 7
Code:
root@www ~ # apt-cache policy plesk-php70-dev
plesk-php70-dev:
  Installed: 7.0.14-debian8.0.16120818
  Candidate: 7.0.14-debian8.0.16120818
  Version table:
 *** 7.0.14-debian8.0.16120818 0
        500 http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PHP70_17/ jessie/all amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
root@www ~ #

Hi Ankebut,

well... you see what your root cause is? You have to INSTALL that DEV - package, in order to be able to to use developper commands for this Plesk - PHP 5.6 version!

root@www ~ # apt-cache policy plesk-php56-dev N: Unable to locate package plesk-php56-dev
First of all, you need to install all necessary additional components, like plesk-php56-devel, gcc, glibc-devel, zlib-devel (for Debian name of packages may be different) with apt-get. After that, if you need oauth for PHP5.6 version, you need to use

=>
https://talk.plesk.com/threads/how-...it-suitable-for-multible-php-versions.339836/
On Debian/Ubuntu - based systems, you would use the example - command:

aptitude install build-essential

Code:
root@www ~ # apt-get install plesk-php5.6-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package plesk-php5.6-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'plesk-php5.6-dev'

Hi Ankebut,

apt-get install plesk-php5.6-dev Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package plesk-php5.6-dev E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'plesk-php5.6-dev'
pls. see => #9 and adapt the suggestions for YOUR operating system.
Small hint: When you perform the command "plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base", plesk will place a temporary Plesk - sources - list to "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/", which you can use to investigate, which sources Plesk uses for YOUR operating system and YOUR current used Plesk - version. ;)

Hi Ankebut,

the EXAMPLE is for Ubuntu, but you should ADAPT the sources - lists to YOUR operating system and YOUR current Plesk version... pls. read again the "Small hint", how you can do this very easy and fast. ;)

UFHH i am working only one time in 5 years always with linux, also i am a newbie please make a sample "Small hint" o_O

Hi Ankebut,

please make a sample "Small hint"

When you perform the command "plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base"
=>
plesk will place a temporary Plesk - sources - list to "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/"
=>
which you can use to investigate, which sources Plesk uses for YOUR operating system and YOUR current used Plesk - version.
You already got all informations which you need to create sources - lists, based on your current environment. Pls. just follow the suggested steps to achieve your goal(s).

If you desire help from advanced system administrators, who will preform linux commands for you, or/and do the administrations tasks you desire, pls. consider to contact the Plesk Support at => https://www.plesk.com/contact-us/support/

pls. see => #9 and adapt the suggestions for YOUR operating system.
Also the Goal is under Plesk Panel disable "Enable safe updates for system packages" after disable this i have new source list and there is all packages what i need.

Back