• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Decommisioning Plesk

mr-wolf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
I have replaced our old CentOS 5.11 primary DNS server running Plesk 12.5 with a new server.

This new server has an unlimited Plesk license through the VPS-provider.
This new CentOS 7.4 server is running Plesk Onyx 17.8 and it has taken over all jobs but one...

On the old server we have a website running which I tried to migrate several times without success.
The webmaster of that site will make a new one for that client, but it's not yet finished.

The client pays us about € 10,- for hosting that site, but we need to pay more than 10 times that much for having that server. A big part of that cost price is for the unlimited Plesk license (it has all the domains on it for DNS).

Is it possible to limit the damage by revoking the license key and stop using Plesk on it with the goal of keeping that website alive?

@IgorG
I would really like to know what happens to the server if I revoke the Plesk license...
What I'm seeking is stopping Plesk management (and stopping payments) and continuation of the only website it is now running.

Back