• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Dedicated ip and Plesk default domain page

G

GiancarloC

I'm using Plesk version 11 (really during installation it said Plesk 11 pre-release), inside a Open VZ container,
i'm having same problem with some Extra Ip Addresses that i set as DEDICATED.

If i visit every dedicated ip (writing it into url bar of browser), it doesn' t show me the (only) website associated to it (it shows default domain Plesk Page). Of course it should be normal for a shared ip but, as i already said, they are dedicated ip. The only way to visit the website is to assign a domain name by dns records.

It happens that if i set the default page for the MAIN ip of Plesk, it becames the default page for extra ip too even if every extra ip has another different default page assigned to it.

Did you try to set default site for your dedicated IP in Home>Tools & Settings>IP addresses management>IP_address ?

It happens that if i set the default page for the MAIN ip of Plesk, it becames the default page for extra ip too even if every extra ip has another different default page assigned to it.

If you've already set the default website/domain name for your dedicated IPs but still does not show your website, then try rebuilding the vhosts.

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

I already did it may many times, i stopped psa service and restarted, i restarted apache, i flushed my browser(s) caches

More exactely!!

About second bug: i can says that Plesk 11 doesn't let to set different default pages for every ip address: even if you choose from dropdown menu a domain assigned to every ip the result could be different: it could consider the default page for the main ip or if it is not set, the default page of any other ip address (dedicated or not). Very Very strange!!!

Please test by yourself

Please test by yourself so you can confirm that is really a Plesk's bug and not a sort of misconfiguration of mine

The extra ip address are on Venet Interface

The extra ip address are on Venet Interface becouse the Plesk is inside a OpenVz container. The ips were added by hypervisor becouse Plesk doesn't let to add extra ip (or to repair them) if it's into a container.

Yes, your problem is true and it's existent while you have Nginx enabled. Do you have Nginx enabled?

disable Nginx

Yes, your problem is true and it's existent while you have Nginx enabled. Do you have Nginx enabled?

i have:
nginx/1.3.0

I tried:
root@pl:~# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --disable
/opt/psa/admin/sbin/hmmng: 1448: /opt/psa/admin/sbin/hmmng: Syntax error: Bad fd number

is there another way to disable it?

Sure There's

Yes there's ...

Login to plesk -> Tools & Settings -> Services Management -> ...

Solved

Can i fix the Buggy behavior of Nginx with Plesk 11?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at the moment, i have contacted the support team with this request. Soon as I have a response from them, I will give you details.

Why do you want this behaviour?

I can give you a few reasons why you shouldn't have it :

1) Your domain name is your identifier on the net, not your IP address, which for most people can change, we've seen several instances of poor coding where the IP has been used instead of the domain name causing issues in the future when the IP changes.
2) We see massive amounts of drive-by scanning of IP addresses, not domain names, IP addresses. By having your IP display your website you're increasing your exposure to these scans.
3) By having your website display on IP requests your adding load to your server in processing irrelevant requests, these requests aren't likely to be coming from browsers trying to find your site (unless you did some coding like in point 1).

I'm delighted that this is broken with Nginx!

Paul.

i agree with you, but really my question was written badly:
i know that Nginx is a good product, somebody wants it in front of Apache, so discovering that his implementation into Plesk is buggy surprised me, i asked if somebody had already discovered some fix to get this pairing working well.

Well, no official solution to that problem yet. But am sure they will sort it out in about MU4

I hope it's ok to revive this thread.

I'm new to Plesk and have been fighting with the default site setting for the last few hours. I thought I was doing something wrong.

At first set up, all IPs showed default server page. I added a forbidden directive to .htaccess for the default page. I was assuming that, unless I set up a default site, the forbidden status would show.

Then I added a subscription and it automatically changed the default site for that IP. Then I added another subscription and noticed that all IPs are showing the same site. It seems to show the first domain based on alphabetical order.

I was hoping I could use the IP address for site preview. I know there is a feature for this, but I thought the IP would be easy.

Is there any fix for this yet?

I set the default site setting back to none for all IPs and now the Apache test page shows. How do I get it to show the default server page again? I'd at least like my forbidden directive to take effect if I can't use different default sites.

Back