• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dedicated Pool Plesk 11?

JohanK88

New Pleskian
Is there anybody tell how to create separate dedicated pool for new domain on new Plesk 11? In previous Plesk 9.5, if we create new domain, it will be assigned separate dedicated pool. With this new Plesk, I'm bit harder to use it. It only have one subscription, if we create other domain, it will be on same application pool. So, if one site is crashed, it will impact to other sites. This is worst.

Other issue, if we use other application, for example dotnetnuke, it cant be installed automatically. It will throw an error message. :( Any insight?

Thank you

Yes, in current Plesk version we have this behaviour - one subscription - one pool. As far as I know we have plans for dedicated pool for each domain. But it will be implemented in one of the next Plesk version.
But what is your use case? Why you can't create separate subscription (separate pool) for each domain? Why you could create separate domains on Plesk 9, but can not create a separate subscription on current Plesk version? What is the difference?

No.. No... I wont create separate subscription as it is very hard to manage and it also make loss to our business. On previous plesk 9.5, one customer can create many domains and each domains comes with 1 dedicated pool. This new Plesk is not good enough, one subscription for many domains, same application pool. On my opinion, the advantage of this new plesk is only the PHP version, the others I would prefer previous plesk, it is easy to manage and more simple.

If I can give suggestion, please just use same interface with previous plesk 9.5, but increase the new technology, like .net version and php.

You can use Power User Mode if you think that management of separate subscriptions and new business logic is very hard. There are no any subscriptions, service plans, resellers, etc. Just domains.

Thank you for you suggestion. I can say that we are working to "return" 9.x interface to the further Plesk versions. But of course it will be based on new UI technologies.

Thank you for your response Igor. We look forward to previous interface with new UI technologies. :) We will test power user mode and let you know. We use subscription as plesk recommend it for web hosting provider.

You can use Power User Mode if you think that management of separate subscriptions and new business logic is very hard. There are no any subscriptions, service plans, resellers, etc. Just domains.

Thank you for you suggestion. I can say that we are working to "return" 9.x interface to the further Plesk versions. But of course it will be based on new UI technologies.

Hi Igor,

You said that with power user that There are no any subscriptions, service plans, resellers, etc, how if we have reseller customers? Previously we choose web hosting commercial. If we change it to power user, then if we have reseller client, so how?

Second question, if previously we choose commercial web hosting, can we change it to power user? Thank you.

As far as I remember, unfortunately, there is no possibility to switch on PowerUser Mode if you have already any subscription or reseller. You can select this mode only initially.

Hi Igor,

I have tested to use Power User Mode, it is worse than web commercial hosting. In power user, we cant create our hosting plan. If we have customers, how can we determine their disk space, bandwith, etc? I prefer use web commercial hosting. Is there any good solution?

Without dedicated pool for each of domains, in the long term it will be more difficult to manage it. As I said above. We have many clients complain about their broken site. The only solution we do now is to recreate the subscription, but the question is does our customers happy with this option? They need to backup everything and begin from the fresh again, upload file, create email, database, bla... bla... So, we hope that Parallels team launch as soon as possible the new plesk that has same interface with previous plesk 9.5.

For a moment, do you have any idea how to create separate dedicated pool for each domain without create new subscription?

I still can't understand why one subscription - one pool model is not suitable for you and what exactly do you mean " I wont create separate subscription as it is very hard to manage and it also make loss to our business"?
Actually, what is the difference between model one domain - one pool and one subscription - one pool in case when you have one domain in subscription?

Hi Igor,

For example, we have one client that sign up for our plan, the name plan is A plan. This A plan can create unlimited domains. So, in CP we only create one subscription for him, right? For example when he registered with us, he use domain called aaa.com. The subscription name is aaa.com. In the next 2 months, he add additional domain called bbb.com and ccc.com. This is the problem. This 2 domains (bbb.com and ccc.com) have same application pool with aaa.com. When, he broke bbb.com, it impact to his other sites, he really mad with us.

If every single domain has their own dedicated pool, it wont be serious problem. If one site is crashed, then we only handle the crash site. But in new plesk, we handle all domains. How about if 1 customer have 10 domains? Wow.... It is such a terrible headache.... Do you understand better now? :)

Thanks for convincing explanation. It is really good and valuable feedback and we will discuss it with responsible persons.

Back