• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

dedicated SMTP IP address for each vhost

J

Jorge Adrian

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion for a future release of Plesk.

Can the developers make it so that when a hosting account is assigned a dedicated IP address in plesk, it also makes that the dedicated IP address for sending email from that hosting account?

There is a q-mail patch for this:

http://www.digitaldaemon.com/FreeBSD/qmail/index.html

or

http://www.memoryhole.net/qmail/#outgoingip

DomainBindings
For servers that host multiple domains or have multiple IP addresses assigned to them, it is sometimes useful (or important) to have qmail use a specific IP address for its outgoing mail. By default, qmail uses whatever address the OS chooses for all outbound connections. With this patch, you can specify which address to use. It uses a control file similar to smtproutes to specify the outbound IP address to use, based on the sender's domain (local copy) (pyropus.ca)

This would be extremely useful because not all of the email users would be affected if someone's email account was hacked into and started sending out spam and getting the main IP address blocked.

I know I can just patch qmail with a patch for that, but it would be awesome if Plesk did that by default.

Thank you! :)

Ok. I will forward it to developers. I hope that it will be implemented. Thank you.

i vote for this too. plesk can handle multiple IPs so it should be handle it for email (qmail) too automatically.

Sergey,

I can't find the settings in plesk 10.4.4 for multiple IPs with postfix. I tested my server the HELO still comes from the host IP not the dedicated IPs that belongs to the domains I am testing.

So to clarify its only going to be in Postfix?

Will the HELO change for each outbound IP (so that the HELO can be set to resolve to the outbound IP)?

Paul.

Email will be sent from IP address which is used for sender's domain. For example, if email is sent from [email protected] it will be done with IP, corresponding to the domain domain.com

Transports are written to the /etc/postfix/master.cf
Base of map transports domains is /var/spool/postfix/plesk/sdd_transport_maps.db

mail handler sender-ip validates that in 'mail from' the same domain, under which was smtp authentication. If email was sent without authorization (eg whitelist) - handler will skip email.

mchk utility recovers transports, base and handler. This feature will work if the version of Postfix> = 2.7

Back