• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Default hosting template setup.

spacecabbie

New Pleskian
Hi all new to plesk it came with the vps :)

So still looking for ch-rooted template the basic one does not set it up correctly .bashrc not correctly linked for example

Last edited:
Yea i am sorry been jumping all over the place atm. I setup a vps as dev server since my hosting is limited in ssh access i work allot with composer yarn node and git. so i setup this cheap strato vps and setup user subscriptions so most of the defaults are setup for me but i find that the shell is very weirt.

So i have investigated the default update_chroot.sh sets up the most of chroot but for example the bash env is completely blank looks to me that the .bashrc is not loaded at all.
So looking around it looks the chroot is setup in basic lots of the commands are setup and add php as wel.

So in the end what i can see is that its basically missing the bashrc stuff (bash-4.2$) shows no current dir etc.
since plesk does not work with /home i kinda struggling vinding where to place it.

What i reallyy would like is just a template that makes all current shell env avalible in chroot.
I don't want to work under root.

Or atleast setup the .bashrc then i can manual add the programms i need via the script and go from there.

@spacecabbie

You should check at strato whether you have root access, since it seems to be the case that you are accessing SSH as non-root.

If you really have no root SSH access at all, then you should really consider to take a VPS with (proper) root access: otherwise, you would be encountering a lot of permission related issues sooner or later when doing development work.

In short, check the availability of proper root access and if that is not possible with your current VPS, please consider an alternative that allows for (proper) root access.

Regards.......

Back