• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Default SSL certificate - localhost.localdomain?!

albans

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I use a shared IP address and I was wondering if it was possible to modify the Plesk default certificate (SSL) used when connecting to https://webmail.domain.com.

So I tried to add a self-signed certificate with my name, my domainname, etc... Then I deleted the "default certificate" and defined the IP pool on the new self-signed certificate.

But now, when I connect to https://webmail.domain.com, I got a certificate from SomeOrganization set to localhost.localdomain...

What's wrong? How can I force the use of the self-signed certificate instead of this "SomeOrganization"'s one?

Thanks.
 
I found a solution, thanks to the SWSoft support!

-------------------------------------------
Edit /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf and comment out (or remove) _default_ virtualhost definitions there, from

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
to
</VirtualHost>

Then stop and start apache (not restart!).

localhost.localdomain certificate is a fake cert from mod_ssl apache RPM and RedHat adds it into config such way that it comes before all the others.
-------------------------------------------
 
Back
Top