• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

deferral: CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily._(#4.4.3)

P

prowler318

Hello,

I have submitted a paid ticket to get a Parallels Engineer to look at my problem to no avail almost a day now. They are not responding and when ever you call they say is there anything you would like to update on the ticket. Wow.

At any rate, I have searched on Google and the Parallels forum for an answer to this problem to no avail. I know the resolvers I have in /etc/resolv.conf works as we have customers using to resolve on our Internet connectivity products.
For giggles I added Google's open DNS servers to the list.

I can run a dig +trace any domain name such as msn.com, google.com, parallels.com just fine. Not a DNS issue. I even increase the maximum size in message length from 512 to 768 and to 1024. Nothing changed. Then even disabled DNS inspection. This problem has to be an issue with the qmail remote queue as users can email each other.

I get this error:

deferral: CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily._(#4.4.3)

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. I tried to use qmHandle to get the queue going and to tell some insight.
2. changed DNS servers.
3. turned off DNS inspection on security appliance.
4. rebuilt the qmail queue.
5. reinstalled qmail

Running:

CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
Plesk 8.6.0 CentOS 5 86090814.11

I am just out of ideas and support seems to not be working on this so. Anyone have any ideas?

Back