• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Delete database Error

N

nickmm

Hello,

I'm trying to delete a MSSQL database, but I'm getting this error:

Delete database user failed: Database 'database_name' cannot be opened because it is offline.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: plib\DatabaseManagerMSSQL.php:52
DatabaseManagerMSSQL->dropUserImpl(string 'database_user', string 'database_name')
1: plib\DatabaseManager.php:105
DatabaseManager->deleteDatabase(object of type Database)
2: plib\class.DataBasesList.php:244
DataBasesList->remove(array)
3: htdocs\domains\databases\removeDataBases.php3:41

I believe that the problem is that this database not exist in the server (exist on Plesk, but not in the server).

How can delete this database? I have tried make a reconfigure for the domain name, but this action not resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Nickmm

You can manually create the database on the sql server, or if its there but in an offline status you can bring it backonline into a multi user state. You can also attempt to manually delete the DB data from the plesk database so that psa no longer will tihnk the DB exists at all

If some one are having this problem the solution is bring online the database (run: Alter database YourDBName Set Online)

Thank,

Nickmm

Back