1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Delete database Error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by nickmm, Jan 16, 2009.

1. nickmm

nickmm Guest

Hello,

I'm trying to delete a MSSQL database, but I'm getting this error:

Delete database user failed: Database 'database_name' cannot be opened because it is offline.
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: plib\DatabaseManagerMSSQL.php:52
    DatabaseManagerMSSQL->dropUserImpl(string 'database_user', string 'database_name')
    1: plib\DatabaseManager.php:105
    DatabaseManager->deleteDatabase(object of type Database)
    2: plib\class.DataBasesList.php:244
    DataBasesList->remove(array)
    3: htdocs\domains\databases\removeDataBases.php3:41

I believe that the problem is that this database not exist in the server (exist on Plesk, but not in the server).

How can delete this database? I have tried make a reconfigure for the domain name, but this action not resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Nickmm

2. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

You can manually create the database on the sql server, or if its there but in an offline status you can bring it backonline into a multi user state. You can also attempt to manually delete the DB data from the plesk database so that psa no longer will tihnk the DB exists at all

3. nickmm

nickmm Guest

If some one are having this problem the solution is bring online the database (run: Alter database YourDBName Set Online)

Thank,

Nickmm