• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Deleted a subscription. Where to find databases in rsync

edenweb

New Pleskian
I foolishly deleted a subscription and database which I desperately need to retrieve (somehow).

Luckily I do have a weekly backup of the server's file system which I can browse.

I am unclear though as to the best place to find a downloadable .sql file as the server structure is large.

I can see for example
var/lib/psa/dumps contains
  • mysql.daily.dump.0.gz
  • mysql.daily.dump.1.gz
  • mysql.daily.dump.2.gz
    etc
but these don't seem to be the individual standalone .sql databases I expected

Any ideas? Any help appreciated.
Cheers

@edenweb: You are not using the built-in backup functionality of Plesk???
Hi Peter

Do you mean the backup which backs up to FTP storage and/or Dropbox?
I am and actually backup the site daily. But I discovered something interesting regarding backups (which I have yet to verify).

When Subscription A uses a database stored in another Subscription B and does a backup, Subscription A is backed up with database A. It doesn't backup the actual database the subscription is using.

Quick update to this in case it helps anyone in future.

I didn't have a backup of the database but I did have a partial backup of the file system on the server.

Within the directory structure and somewhere similar to var > lib > mysql > subscription-name

Within this, there are a series of separate files ending in MYI, FRM, MYD

I didn't know if they were usable but found a corresponding set of files in MAMP Pro. Copying the server files onto the local copy worked once I flushed the cache a few times etc.

Doing a few tests at the moment but all seems well. Thanks for the help/

Back