• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Deleted a subscription. Where to find databases in rsync

edenweb

New Pleskian
I foolishly deleted a subscription and database which I desperately need to retrieve (somehow).

Luckily I do have a weekly backup of the server's file system which I can browse.

I am unclear though as to the best place to find a downloadable .sql file as the server structure is large.

I can see for example
var/lib/psa/dumps contains
  • mysql.daily.dump.0.gz
  • mysql.daily.dump.1.gz
  • mysql.daily.dump.2.gz
    etc
but these don't seem to be the individual standalone .sql databases I expected

Any ideas? Any help appreciated.
Cheers

@edenweb: You are not using the built-in backup functionality of Plesk???
Hi Peter

Do you mean the backup which backs up to FTP storage and/or Dropbox?
I am and actually backup the site daily. But I discovered something interesting regarding backups (which I have yet to verify).

When Subscription A uses a database stored in another Subscription B and does a backup, Subscription A is backed up with database A. It doesn't backup the actual database the subscription is using.

Quick update to this in case it helps anyone in future.

I didn't have a backup of the database but I did have a partial backup of the file system on the server.

Within the directory structure and somewhere similar to var > lib > mysql > subscription-name

Within this, there are a series of separate files ending in MYI, FRM, MYD

I didn't know if they were usable but found a corresponding set of files in MAMP Pro. Copying the server files onto the local copy worked once I flushed the cache a few times etc.

Doing a few tests at the moment but all seems well. Thanks for the help/

Back