• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Deleting a Published Site

R

RayJM

In sitebuilder on HostGator, I inadvertently published my first trial site to my domain. I subsequently deleted the trial site within sitebuilder but the files and all directories created by SiteBuilder are still on my domain. I may or may not use sitebuilder in my "final" version of my domain and if not, I don't want or need all of the sitebuilder files/directories that were loaded by HostGator or by myself by publishing my trial site. More importantly for now, do I have to manually delete the trial site index.php, etc. in my public_html directory, or should sitebuilder had done that when I deleted the site within sitebuilder.

To help me decide on what I will use on my "final", I plan on setting up subdomains for testing. If I do this for sitebuilder will all the neccessary programs, modules, etc work were they are now in my home directory, or do they have to be loaded, relocated, redirected to the subdomain for sitebuilder?

Thanks in advance !!!

When you remove Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder site from Sitebuilder it does not remove any published files from publishing location. It only removes site entity and all related notes from Sitebuilder side. After site is removed from Sitebuilder it can actually live on publishing location.
As for the 2nd question, as I understand you want now create subdomain and associate site in Sitebuilder with it using old files from your home directory. Is that right? If so, you can try this but need to make sure that you have the same site structure and pages names on new site as it was on site which was removed.

Back