• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved determine email sender

AlexD

New Pleskian
Hello

Something send emails every half an hour. How to determine what system do this ?
In /var/log/mail.info i see that every half an hour email send from [email protected]$caldomain

Now i know that every 30 minutes CRON runs

09,39 * * * * root [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean

and email sends after this cron job

How to disable sending emails ?

How do you know that the cron entry is sending that mail? And where does this mail go to?

I opened /var/log/syslog and saw that every half an hour i have 2 records

Oct 9 07:09:01 mydomain CRON[11676]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean)
Oct 9 07:09:02 mydomain msmtp: host=smtp.sendgrid.net tls=on auth=on [email protected] [email protected] recipients=root mailsize=588 smtpstatus=250 smtpmsg='250 Ok: queued as Sa2XIuB6SvOFeJNy9n4mbA' exitcode=EX_OK

I don't know where this mail go to

The messages are sent to the root account. Did you try to disable the cron job notification in the cron job definition? It is thinkable that this is what is being sent. I am unsure about the login data in the 07:09:02 line. It appears that an external SMTP service is used instead of a the local mailer? In that case, the mail will probably not reach the destination, because it is missing the fully qualified address. Did you maybe disable your local mailer and are you using an external mailer for server messages?

Back