1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Determine Imap/Pop3 Failed Usernames

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by EMerkel, Oct 22, 2012.

1. EMerkel

EMerkel New Pleskian

60%
    I am in the process of migrating customers to a new server and I see quite a few failed login attempts to Courier Imap and Pop3. However the messages do not show what the username of the failed attempt is but just the IP. Is there a way to change the Plesk/courier logging to see this?

This would greatly help in seeing what accounts are having issues. FWIW Using Plesk 11.0.9 on Centos 6.3.

Thanks,
    Eric

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. EMerkel

EMerkel New Pleskian

60%
    I should note that I have tried http://kb.parallels.com/en/112316 setting DEBUG_LOGIN=1 in both /etc/courier-imap/imapd and /etc/courier-imap/pop3d and did a "service courier-imap restart". Still no luck.

Eric

3. EMerkel

EMerkel New Pleskian

60%
    OK nevermind. This did work afterall.

4. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Am so sorry we took a while to respond to you, though am glad you sorted it out your self.