• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Diagnose&Repair Utility (UI) CAUSED Errors in "File System" check, after Used To Repair "Web&FTP" Warning - users got removed!

daedparrotsoftware

New Pleskian
Plesk support would not accept this report because our license was purchased through a "third-party" (our hosting provider).

We have:
Running on our dedicated server (Dual XEON 128 Gig RAM)

We periodically run Diagnose&Repair.

We got a warning - in the "Web &FTP" section - about a "system user" ourusername being "in a plesk group OR associated with virtual hosting..."
(username WAS the owner of a domain/wordpress site) "but not in Plesk"

STUPIDLY, we ran the repair utility and it removed the system user ourusername so NOW in the - "File System" section - check we get:

errorThere is incorrect ownership on some items in the WWW root directory of the domain 'ourdomainname.com'.
warningThere are files or directories with suspicious permissions in the root directory of the domain 'ourdomainname.com'.
note: naturally, I changed the real names and domain here to generic

I am fairly sure it would NOT be a good idea to run the "repair" to "fix" that because there is NO information on what the utility will do to "repair" that problem??
No idea what it would remove or change to "fix" it. I am assuming it's "suspicious" because of the "incorrect ownership".

Would manually try to fix the error, but the utility (in Plesk UI anyway) does NOT identify which files are suspicious or incorrectly owned!

Anyone have any ideas?
Any suggestion is welcome. :)

Sid B.

Back