• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Different email forward rules for domain aliases

Mich

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I have 1 domain Domain with some aliases: Alias1ForDomain, Alias2ForDomain, Alias3ForDomain ...

I've created email against the main Domain and all aliases automatically inherited it:

contact@Domain - I've created with email forward rule
contact@Alias1ForDomain - automatically inherited, no way to set separate email forward rule
contact@Alias2ForDomain - automatically inherited, no way to set separate email forward rule
contact@Alias3ForDomain - automatically inherited, no way to set separate email forward rule

I need to create different email forward rules for such domain aliases:

contact@Alias1ForDomain - need to forward to [email protected]
contact@Alias2ForDomain - need to forward to [email protected]
contact@Alias3ForDomain - need to forward to [email protected]

I wonder if it's possible and how I can do it?

Thanks,
Mich

hello @Mich ,

I'm afraid it won't work this way.

as a workaround you can create additional domain Alias1ForDomain inside the same subscription with forwarding to Domain
but mail service turned ON.

In this case your http customers will be redirected to your main domain, but you will be able to configure contact@Alias1ForDomain as you need separately from mail boxes at Domain.

and the same way for Alias2ForDomain, Alias3ForDomain and so on.

will it work for you this way ?

another one way, is to create Alias1ForDomain in Plesk without mail service.
and configure mail for domain Alias1ForDomain directly in MailEnable / SmarterMail.

but in this case managing mail for those domain aliases will net available through Plesk panel.

and there is alredy such feature request at UserVoice ( Allow creating separate E-Mail Adresses for Domain Aliases ),
so you can vote it.

hello @Mich ,

I'm afraid it won't work this way.

as a workaround you can create additional domain Alias1ForDomain inside the same subscription with forwarding to Domain
but mail service turned ON.

In this case your http customers will be redirected to your main domain, but you will be able to configure contact@Alias1ForDomain as you need separately from mail boxes at Domain.

and the same way for Alias2ForDomain, Alias3ForDomain and so on.

will it work for you this way ?

another one way, is to create Alias1ForDomain in Plesk without mail service.
and configure mail for domain Alias1ForDomain directly in MailEnable / SmarterMail.

but in this case managing mail for those domain aliases will net available through Plesk panel.

and there is alredy such feature request at UserVoice ( Allow creating separate E-Mail Adresses for Domain Aliases ),
so you can vote it.

Hi Nik G,
Thank you for reply.

I'm not sure your suggestion regarding creation of separate domains for every alias and redirection to main domain is good for my case - the system operates under the main domain workspace, but all urls should be visible for customers and referenced as aliases.

For example:
Domain/login - actual operating urls for login page (code for operation of all aliases)
Alias1ForDomain/login - url displayed in browser, but actual work performs the code Domain/login
Alias2ForDomain/login - url displayed in browser, but actual work performs the code Domain/login
Alias3ForDomain/login - url displayed in browser, but actual work performs the code Domain/login

The additional idea I've checked previously is forward contact@Domain emails to [email protected]. This account will receive all emails from contact@Alias1ForDomain, contact@Alias2ForDomain and contact@Alias3ForDomain; then it is possible to create email rules and forward incoming emails to relevant accounts.
The only thing I don't like in this approach is double forwarding (from contact@Domain to [email protected] and then to relevant account).

Thanks,
Mich

the system operates under the main domain workspace, but all urls should be visible for customers and referenced as aliases.
yep, due to point above this way won't work for you.

unfortunately even you can configure forward rules for contact@Domain via RoundCube in Plesk - such rules won't work on the server side :(
mean they won't redirect email's until you logged in to contact@Domain via RoundCube interface.

seems using one more mailbox which can execute server-side mail filters
The additional idea I've checked previously is forward contact@Domain emails to [email protected]. This account will receive all emails from contact@Alias1ForDomain, contact@Alias2ForDomain and contact@Alias3ForDomain; then it is possible to create email rules and forward incoming emails to relevant accounts.
is the most convenient way (it may gmail, outlook.com, yahoo.com and any other free mail service with server-side mail filters, even protonmail.ch )

the way suggested by me is more hard for maintenance. so your solution looks more fast and elegant.

Back