• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Different kind of problems with migration manager

gijsbert

Basic Pleskian
Dear reader,

We use the migration manager to move from plesk onlyx centos 6 to plesk onyx centos 7. The migration manager reports the following pre-migration check:

"The PHP handler 5.3 mod_php (id=module) is not available. Instead, Plesk will use 5.3.29 CGI application (id=plesk-php53-cgi) for the following websites: blah.com"

That is perfectly fine but after migration Plesk is NOT using the 5.3.29 but the default vendor 5.4 as FPM application.

It's no fun or joy if we would have to check all websites for the correct php-setting. Anyone has an idea how to check for version on old system and new system with i.e. the CLI commands?

Gijsbert

Hi Igor, I am aware of the php_handler --list. But my primary question remains. If the migration manager reports:

"The PHP handler 5.3 mod_php (id=module) is not available. Instead, Plesk will use 5.3.29 CGI application (id=plesk-php53-cgi) for the following websites: blah.com"

Why does the plesk migrator NOT use the right version after migration but put all domains on default 5.4 as FPM?

Is this a known issue?

You can use this MySQL query to generate a list of the PHP versions for each domain;

select d.name,h.php_handler_id from domains d join hosting h on h.dom_id=d.id;

If an entry only shows a handler, it is using the default PHP version on that server.

Hello gijsbert,
There are could be two situations:
1. Subscription does not have permission to mange PHP version and handler. So handler not been restored during restore of hosting settings and stay is as on subscription creation.
2. Subscription was synchronized with service plan where handler was set on to system default.

Still unable to update php through cli, don't know what i am doing wrong.

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u <domain> -php_handler_id plesk-php53-fastcgi -fastcgi true

results in:

PHP scripts cannot be processed by nginx if the Plesk CGI or FastCGI handler is selected. Either omit the "-nginx-serve-php" option, or select the PHP-FPM handler.

So, Imagine a certain domain has "php version by os vendor" and set as "FPM application", how can I change this to handler plesk-php53-fastcgi ?

Hello gijsbert,
There are could be two situations:
1. Subscription does not have permission to mange PHP version and handler. So handler not been restored during restore of hosting settings and stay is as on subscription creation.
2. Subscription was synchronized with service plan where handler was set on to system default.

I have checked these settings, they seem to be OK. The subscription does have the permission to manage PHP. However, it is well possible that the subscription was synchronized with service plan. But what I like to do is update the php-settings after migration from centos6 to centos7 using the CLI. Which command should I use? See my post from yesterday. If I do a "/usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u <domain> -php_handler_id plesk-php53-fastcgi -fastcgi true" it results in "PHP scripts cannot be processed by nginx if the Plesk CGI or FastCGI handler is selected. Either omit the "-nginx-serve-php" option, or select the PHP-FPM handler."

So the only question remain is, how can I set php-version using CLI?

Hello,
Just add "-nginx-serve-php false" to your command.
Code:
plesk bin domain -u example.tld -php_handler_id plesk-php53-fastcgi -fastcgi true -nginx-serve-php false

Back