• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Different PHP version in UserDir?

Gachl

New Pleskian
Hello

I have just installed PHP7 and wanted to try out some of its new features but found an issue that I can't figure out.

PHP7 is activated on one of my domains (tld) and that very domain has the directive UserDir /home/*/www/mydomain.com/

oSbFaIy.png

W4rwS8e.png

I tried using the new features in a test file in the UserDir but they wouldn't work so I asked phpinfo and it told me it was still the previous version. I've then ran phpinfo within the docroot of the domain and it showed me the correct PHP7.

How can it be that the UserDir uses a different php engine? How can I change that? I don't understand why this is happening.

PHP Settings and Apache Settings

Thanks!

Plesk: 12.5.30
Service: Apache2

also: this talk.plesk.com vs forum.odin.com switching and re-logging and not finding your content because it's kinda mirrored and kinda not it's.. gah!

Last edited:
As far as I know it is possible to enable the Apache UserDir option in the Apache configuration file. But note that this is a server wide setting that will allow all domains home directories to be accessed via http://anydomain.com/~ftpaccount
Not sure that this option may be used on domain settings level.
this talk.plesk.com vs forum.odin.com switching and re-logging and not finding your content because it's kinda mirrored and kinda not it's.. gah!
Forget about forum.odin.com if you looking for information about Plesk.

As far as I know it is possible to enable the Apache UserDir option in the Apache configuration file. But note that this is a server wide setting that will allow all domains home directories to be accessed via http://anydomain.com/~ftpaccount
Not sure that this option may be used on domain settings level.

When I add the Userdir option to a domains directives config in Plesk, the Userdir option is only enabled for that domain, it's really doesn't seem to be a server wide setting.

I tried looking up how plesk changes the PHP version per domain and found these options:

FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_INI /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/etc/php.ini
FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_CGI_INDEX plesk-php70-fastcgi
Unfortunately I don't know CGI very well and before I go mess with these settings I rather update all my webspaces to 7.0.

Back