• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs DigitalOcean DNS extension - A / AAAA subdomain records not synched

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
User name: TomBoB

TITLE

DigitalOcean DNS extension - A / AAAA subdomain records not synched

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core), Plesk Obsidian 18.0.26

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

DigitalOcean DNS extension doesn't sync newly created A / AAAA records from Plesk to the digitalocean name servers under specific circumstances.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Clients subscriptions service plan allows for wordress toolkit and all its functions, DNS management, subdoman management.
Client has a wordpress website. Has access to the wordpress toolkit. hits clone within the toolkit, which creates automatically the staging subdomain. Clones perfectly. Subdomains A and AAAA DNS records for staging are created in Plesks main domain. But are not synced to the digitalocean name servers.

If I do above as the servers admin, Plesks newly created A and AAAA DNS records for staging *are* synced to the digitalocean name servers.

ACTUAL RESULT

Plesks newly created A and AAAA DNS records for staging subdomain are not synced to digialocean name servers.

EXPECTED RESULT

Plesks newly created A and AAAA DNS records for staging subdomain should be synced to digialocean name servers.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

above made me think more generally about the issue and tested it afterwards:

client creates subdomain xyz. Plesks DNS A / AAAA records for the subdomain are created under the main domains DNS settings. but these records are not synced to the digitalocean name servers.

if I create a subdomain for a client while logged in as admin, it does sync the records to digitalocean.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Posted this report on the same day as a new extension version was release - overlap.

The new version 1.2 solves this problem !

Back