• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [DigitalOcean DNS extension] TTL values not synchronized

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
User name: Rasp

TITLE

[DigitalOcean DNS extension] TTL values not synchronized

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Obisidian 18.0.24, DigitalOcean DNS extension version 1.1.5-51

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When using the DigitalOcean DNS extension the TTL values for domain records are not synchronized to DigitalOcean when those are changed in Plesk.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Install DigitalOcean DNS extension
  2. Connect to DigitalOcean DNS extension to DigitalOcean account
  3. Activate DigitalOcean DNS zone for a domain (or all domains)
  4. Navigate to DNS settings in Plesk for the domain and go to SOA tab
  5. Change TTL value for domain and apply
  6. Notice how the TTL values for the domain records in the DigitalOcean account are not updated to the new value set in Plesk

ACTUAL RESULT

TTL values for DNS records are not updated

EXPECTED RESULT

The TTL values are updated according to the TTL SOA value set in Plesk for a domain

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Last edited:
Thank you for the report. The bug was confirmed and submitted as EXTPLESK-1677.

At the time still happening on Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.35 Update #2. Is it normal or has the bug been fixed?

Should have been fixed a while a go according to the change log. I haven't tested it since.

Do encounter the same issue when following the same exact steps as mentioned in the bug report above? Or are the TTL values not synced when you change/edit individual DNS records?

In two cases, when I added a new record and when I tried to edit it, in both cases the value that report DigitalOcean was 86400 TTL. I have to mention that in Plesk it appear the value that I created 3600, so the edit was delete this value, write it again and apply.

Steps:

Go to domains > Select the domain
Go to DNS Settings
Add Record>TXT>TTL=3600> TXT record> OK
Apply DNS template

Result:
The record is applied but with different TTL

@Auladig I can confirm the same issue you are reporting (TTL set for specific records does not propagate to DigitalOcean), but apparently that's not what the OP issue was (and hence it seems "our" issue is not solved by EXTPLESK-1677 at all...).

ALL records propagate to DigitalOcean with the value indicated as the Zone default (Home > Domains > example.com > DNS > Settings > Zone defaults > TTL)

In your case that's probably 86400, but if you try and change it to something different, it will go to DigitalOcean (for all records, even the ones that have something different as "their" TTL).

Hi! I am glad to say that issues mentioned in the thread are fixed.

Changes, 1.4.0 (1 November 2023)
[-] Custom TTL values for individual records are now correctly synchronized with the DigitalOcean DNS service. (EXTPLESK-2272)
[...]

Changes, 1.2.0 (28 Apr 2020)
[-] Changes made to the TTL values of DNS zones in Plesk are now correctly synchronized to DigitalOcean. (EXTPLESK-1677)
[...]

Let me know if you have any feedback regarding the "synchronization of TTL per record" issue.

Back