• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Directory protection

J

jd2004

Hi,

How can I with Plesk 7 protect a directory with username and password??

Thanks for any hints!

JD

I the admin there is an icon called directories...

Hi

You just lock in as administrator or a domain user and click on the icon Directories (in the Hosting sektion).

Here you write the name of the directorie to be password proceted... and just after that you add a new user in the protected directorie...

That's it ;-)

PS! It is the same way you protect the webstat folder, so that other people cann't see the webstats. Just create a protected directorie called webstat

subdomain folder protection

This is saying how to password protect folders under subdomains, and if there is a way manually populate that file.

the free quick fix I have tested for this issue on IIS base servers is installing the program found on this site.

http://www.troxo.com/products/iispassword/

This program will allow you to us either the IIS option to set password ans users up for a directory or use the lynux style .htaccess / .htpasswd format. IF you use the lynux style protection the plug-in will populate the properties with the user password info.

Back