• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable Mobile Vew

Florian-Reiter

New Pleskian
Dear Web Presence Builder Experts,

the site shows different on Smartphones, is it possible to deactivate this feature. So the site shows as standard the desktop view and the mobil-view isn't available.
Where do i find those options ?

Best Regards
Florian Reiter

Hello Florian,

Thanks for your post. I wonder what the people from Parallels will answer.

With version 11, Web Presence Builder was optimised for mobile devices, so the layout looks different on purpose. The trend in web design goes towards "Responsive Design" where the layout and content of web pages adapts to the screen size of the client's device.

From your question I understand that you are unhappy with the current mobile layout of WPB. Could you explain in more detail what is not optimal in your case?

@ Parallels: I just checked a 3-column web site made by WPB 11 on a smartphone. The content is shown in the following order:

1. Header
2. Right column
3. Left column
4. Middle column
5. Footer

Instead, shouldn't it be in this order (for a site with a left-to-right direction writing):

1. Header: usually containing the logo, title, slogan and a horizontal navigation
2. Left column: usually containing a vertical navigation
3. Middle column: main content
4. Right column: less important content
5. Footer

@ Florian: Is that what you found as not optimal?

@ Dave:
Yes this would be good, a nice Feature would be if i can deactivate a Collum for the mobile View. For example the right collum, those are mostly used for extra information, and aren't allways neccesery, or if i have the menue in the header and the left collum isn't useful in this way.

Best Regards
Florian

@ Florian: I agree with you. Let's see what Parallels answers.

As a workaround, you could try to hide those columns for mobile devices by adding some CSS code in the meta data field in the editor's settings, like:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
.mobile #column1,
.mobile #column2 {
display:none;
}
-->
</style>

...while #column1 is the column on the right and #column2 is the one on the left.

It is untested so please let us know if this works for your case.

@ Florian: Just tested it on one of the websites I am maintaining and there it worked. Please send me the URL of your website by Private Message if you like and I will check.

After Dave helped me i solved it.

You can add some style in the meta data.

Unbenannt.jpg

For Example
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.mobile #column2 { display:none; }
-->
</style>

#column2 won't be visible on smartphones for example

@Parallels Development
It would be nice if you can add some Mobile Features in another Version for Web Presence Builder becouse mobile web is going to be more and more important for our customers.

Last edited:
@Parallels Development
It would be nice if you can add some Mobile Features in another Version for Web Presence Builder becouse mobile web is going to be more and more important for our customers.

Hi guys,
WPB 11.5 have a lot of changes for optimization of mobile view. I think this release will published in Jun.

Mobile Menue

Dear Egor,

there is an Issue with the Menue with the mobile Site, if i use an an Menue Entry in the Second Layer then you cant open it on your mobile device.

Is there a solution available.

Best Regards
Florian Reiter

I came to the same result as Florian. Tested on a site with a horizontal menu and with Safari on an iPhone. The submenu appears but disappears as soon as one of the submenu items is tipped. The new page is not launched.

However, keeping the submenu item touched long enough brings up an iPhone application menu where you can select to open the page.

I came to the same result as Florian. Tested on a site with a horizontal menu and with Safari on an iPhone. The submenu appears but disappears as soon as one of the submenu items is tipped. The new page is not launched.

However, keeping the submenu item touched long enough brings up an iPhone application menu where you can select to open the page.

Hi,

Was checked in WPB 11.0.10 with iPhone 4s - all submenus works fine.

As I already told, WPB 11.5 have a lot changes for mobile view. Mobile sites by now will have all submenus always opened. Probably this problem will not actual for WPB 11.5

Back