• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to move the domain because the mail service is disabled on the target subscription.

joep842

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm trying to move a domain to a different subscription and am getting error "Unable to move the domain because the mail service is disabled on the target subscription."

Both subscriptions are using the same service plan and mail service is not installed:
Bash:
# plesk bin mail --list
Mail service is not installed in Plesk.

At the time the first subscription and site were installed, Postfix + Dovecot, were available as server components. However, they have been removed as we're only using MSMTP. I'm guessing there is some config bit retained that is preventing the move, but I can't see how to clear it up. I've tried How to activate/deactivate the mail service for a domain/subscription/server-wide via the CLI methods since the options are no longer available in Plesk frontend.

Any suggestions?

The behavior is a known issue tracked as [PPS-13251], [PPPM-13680] that is under review by developers.

A workaround was suggested by developers, but I was unable to reproduce that and it involves manipulation of the database plus it is said that it can cause a follow-up issue that will then need to be resolved, too. For that reason I would not want to recommend it here. Instead, if you need the workaround applied or urgent assistance in this matter, I ask you to please open a ticket with Plesk support so that they can try to work this out directly on your server. Please provide the two PPS and PPPM ids and a link to this thread when contacting support.

For the next person that ends up here, a quick and dirty workaround that didn't require any advanced manipulation was to delete the site after backing up with Backup Manager (admin/backup/list/) and then restore it. After which, the site could be moved successfully.

Back