• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable "news feed" on "Default Domain Page"

D

de_he

Hello,

this ad problem was extensively discussed in SWsoft forum already and I have been carefully browsing all comments for some days now.

One thing that was not discussed detailed: the Plesk default domain page presents the world now with a "news feed".

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
document.write('<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="http://'
+ location.hostname + ':8880/javascript/newsfeeds.js.php"></' +
'script>\n');
</script>

I tried to get some "sed" into some postinstall-scripts or Dummy-RPMS to eliminate the code at VPS installation time but it failed. As I noticed the reponsible page is generated during firtst start-up of Plesk and not during installation of the VPS.

So my question - if you should already have managed to get rid of the moronic news feed - how YOU did it?

By the way I cannot understand SWsoft's philosophy here. Ads for Virtuozzo or more SWsoft products > OK. I am not fond of it but I can understand it.

I don't understand why a "news feed" is necessary, though. Maybe I do not known anything about the background. Does SWsoft get money from "the sun" or any other newspaper for displaying news?

Thanks!

Hello,

yes. The only problem is that this default page will be generated when VPS starts the first time as I have seen.

At installation time the file does not exist.

The problem are reinstalls, too. Then the problem will be present, too.

I have just received info that this "feature" will be selectable in next plesk hotfix. So we can still hope...

Back