• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Disable Plesk DNS Server

Nesse

New Pleskian
Hi,

Can I disable the Plesk DNS server and will it fallback to my Windows DNS manager? I need to create a CNAME record with an underscore but can't add this... Does anyone know how I can fix this or has some kind of hack?

Best Regards

Plesk uses Windows DNS by default but you have the ability of enabling and using BIND as well.

As for disabling the DNS management done by Plesk and switching solely to managing the DNS through Windows DNS manager, I wouldn't see why not. You might need to recreate the zone though as Plesk might delete it (not sure, haven't tested it, let alone tested it on version 12). If you want a safer bet, use a third party DNS service such as Cloudflare.

Also, since you're using version 12 of Plesk, I'm guessing you're either running Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 or 2012/2012 R2? If so, you might want to plan on migrating off that server to be honest, since those operating systems are EOL.

And I would test it myself but I do not have a key for version 12 (at least not any more) and it's been long since EOL as well. So the sooner you upgrade the better.

Back