• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Disable remote access on MongoDB using Docker

PiTiNiNjA

New Pleskian
Hello

I installed MongoDB with Docker on my Plesk server. It allows remote connections by default, and I would like to change that.

Usually I disable remote access by setting bind_ip to 127.0.0.1 in the mongodb.conf file, but I can't find any / don't know how to use configuration file with Docker.

I read you can add a --bind_ip 127.0.0.1 argument to the Docker run command but according to this thread it is not possible on Plesk.

So how can I disable remote access?

Thank you for your time!

You should do this at system firewall level. If you're using iptables, then your rule should look something like "iptables -A INPUT -s 15.15.15.51...". If you're using Plesk Firewall, then login to Plesk, go to Tools and Settings - Firewall - Modify Plesk Firewall Rules - Add custom rule - whitelist only internal IP.

Thanks for your time CaptainHook.

I ended up installing MongoDB without Docker.

However, blocking any calls on the MongoDB port in the firewall should indeed be a good solution.

Hopefully it will help someone in the future!

Back