• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable remote desktop access

S

slampaq

Hello everybody,

I was wondering how I can disable remote desktop access to our server from the Plesk control panel? It seams that this function is enabled by default (I don't know if we did this or not), but how do I disable it?

I already disabled access in the firewall, but the icon remains active. I just want it to be inaccessable or completely away, because this could be a serious security issue. After disabling it in the firewall it looks like the remote desktop is not working anymore, but i just want to be sure.

Regards,

Koen

I want to add to this, that the option "System access management" in Plesk when creating the account was set to No. Although when I add a domain, the option remote desktop is still enabled in the control panel, but on the server itself the newly created account has the option "Deny this user permissions to log on to any Terminal Server" switched on in the local users and groups of computer management. This new account is now also not a member anymore of the Remote Desktop users group.

This seams to me that switching the option "System access management" to No was the solution (I thought this option was related to access to the control panel itself).

Can anybody confirm this or does anybody know how to make the remote desktop icon in Plesk unaccessible?

Thanks!

Thanks for your reaction, however I already found that message but it is not exactly what I mean. I'm just wondering how that icon can be grayed out (for example if you change the setting that anonymous FTP is not allowed, then that icon gets gray in the control panel, I don't know how this is done for the remote desktop icon)...

If admin or client will disable this feature for domain user - their icon will be grayed. But it will be available in Plesk 7.5.5

Back