• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disabling awstats.pl

mavera2

Basic Pleskian
After the latest auto updates of Plesk 11, awstats started to take all of my RAM, making swapping of 800 MB and it takes %40 of the CPU for 5-6 hours. After two days my server couldn't be reachable and I restarted it. Next day same thing happened again and I restarted server.

- How can I disable awstats ? I tried Plesk > Subscriptions > example.com > Web Statistics.
But I was redirected to http://example.com/plesk-stat/webstat/
I don't want to check old stat records, I only want to disable it.
I don't need to disable it serverwide, I want to disable it for one domain which gets high traffic.
How can I do ?

- I don't want to lose disk usage information. If I disable awstats, can I reach that data from Plesk ?

My system:
CentOS 6.3
Plesk 11.5.30

(related: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?245990-10-4-4-awstats-pl-runs-hours)

Last edited:
Is disabling not possible from Plesk ? Because I don't need server-wide disabling.
I want to disable only for one domain.

I would really love to help and check this out for you ...But unfortunately am a dynamic IP network, which makes it impossible to login to a plesk control panel ...Something that has always peaced me off with Plesk worst bit is, you can't disable dynamic IP checks ...I hope someone here can check it for you!

I would really love to help and check this out for you ...But unfortunately am a dynamic IP network, which makes it impossible to login to a plesk control panel ...Something that has always peaced me off with Plesk worst bit is, you can't disable dynamic IP checks ...I hope someone here can check it for you!

If I use the scripts that you mentioned in the links, I will remove awstats for all of my domains and if I want awstats back, I don't know how to do.

Is it possible to just comment awstats line from the cronjob ? So awstats won't be run everday and I can rerun it in future easily ?

I run this # killall awstats.pl
I opened # vi /etc/cron.daily/awstats file and I changed it to this:

#!/bin/sh
#/usr/share/awstats/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/var/www/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl -configdir=/etc/awstats >/dev/null 2>&1
exit 0

After some time I still see that awstats is running. What should I do more to not to awstats run again ? But without removing my files. It seems like this link removes AWStats permanently and I don't know how to reactivate awstats in the future.

Last edited:
After changing " /etc/cron.daily/awstats" file awstats doesn't start in daytime.
But every night in 03:15 awstats starts again. Because of Plesk auto updates are working at that time, I changed from Plesk. Don't auto update automatically. Only install critical updates.

But it seems like last night at 03:15 awstats started again. Because auto update started again.
Is there any way to stop awstats temporarily except this solution ?
Because this solution deletes awstats configs permanently and I don't know how to revert it back in future ?

http://serverfault.com/questions/497153/turn-off-all-awstats-for-plesk-11-domains
#!/bin/bash
for i in /var/www/vhosts/*; do
echo "Turning off and deleting Stats for"
echo `basename $i`
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webstatmng --unset-configs --stat-prog=awstats --domain-name=`basename $i`
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webstatmng --clean --stat-prog=awstats --domain-name=`basename $i`
done

Awstats also fired by "50plesk-daily" script.
As mentiones here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...-pl-runs-hours&p=601877&viewfull=1#post601877

But if I disable this script I will lose all the process that was done for update issues:

# vi /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily
#!/bin/sh
### Copyright 1999-2012. Parallels IP Holdings GmbH. All Rights Reserved.

# install_statistics
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1

# install_mysqldump
/usr/local/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

I suppose high CPU and memory usage is due to a bug in Plesk 11.5.30's micro updates.
Because I didn't change anything from my server, my visitor traffic didn't change too much in past weeks.
But suddenly in 20 october awstats started to consume too much CPU and worked hours and hours.
This can't be my problem. It would be a Plesk bug.

You can disable stats for one site with this (replace example.com with your problem domain):
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webstatmng --unset-configs --stat-prog=awstats --domain-name=example.com
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webstatmng --clean --stat-prog=awstats --domain-name=example.com

Back