• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Disregarding Incoming Email

Bob K.

New Pleskian
Recent setup a Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #25 Server.
I have been trying to find out how to set email to forward and disregard incoming emails.
The reason for this is that many of my users forward email to a Gmail account, and set gmail to send mail as their domain.
e.g. [email protected] has emails fowarding a copy to [email protected] and when sending from gmail.com it sends it though his [email protected] email so users see that name and respond to that name.

Problem is If you Uncheck the MailBox option , it will forward but then you cant send through it.
If you leave it checked, mail builds up in there and eventually must be cleaned out or it fills up the box and reaches capacity.

I know someone will say, use the feature in gmail to PULL the mail in from the email account and thereby removing it from it, but that is much slower to receive mail than just forwarding it from the actual account.

I used C-Panel before Plesk and it had a option to Disreguard Incoming email, in which it would forward, not save it in the box but still allowed sending through the account.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Back