• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DKIM Signing of .php generated emails.

Alan Cox

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have my server running Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #9, correctly signing emails that are sent via SMTP, (either from an external client, or sent using roundcube) However emails sent from the server itself ( .php generated, using Using PHPMailer 5.2.22 ) do not appear to be signed at all.

For example, new post notifications from our Xenforo forum do not contain a DKIM-signature in the email header, unlike those sent from roundcube, despite both being sent from the same domain on the same server (although from different addresses).

Server-Wide Mail Settings -> DKIM spam protection -> Allow signing outgoing mail is CHECKED.
Mail settings for domain -> Use DKIM spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages CHECKED.

Is there a setting somewhere to enable signing of these mails, or a setting in PHP(7.1.18) that I need to configure?

Many Than ks.

Just looking over what is involved, however I have realised that only the emails from wordpress that use PHPMailer . Our Xenforo forum does not, so the mails from there will not be signed anyway. :( Looks like I may have to install something like openDKIM to get around this.

Interestingly, I have just looked at the notifications from this forum, and the emails are not signed either.

Just looking over what is involved, however I have realised that only the emails from wordpress that use PHPMailer. Our Xenforo forum does not, so the mails from there will not be signed anyway. :( Looks like I may have to install something like openDKIM to get around this

If the Wordpress PHP mailer issue is successfully solved (it should be) then having to install openDKIM seems hard work / possible duplication for the one remaining issue o_O The reference data and testing on Port 25 is very good. Not familar with your Xenforo forum setup, so obviously don't know what the specific requirements are for that, but generally, it's usually only a public and private key pair which are then used for DomainKeys and DKIM signing and yes, you can do all that with Port 25. Worth having a look first maybe?
Interestingly, I have just looked at the notifications from this forum, and the emails are not signed either.
Assuming that you mean your Xenforo forum here, in which case, again have a good look first, just in case it's a simple solution for all (if only...:)) But if you do mean this Plesk forum, then they shoud quickly fix that o_O Our own Plesk forum notifications go to an e-mail account that's not hosted on our own server, so we've never looked to be fair...

Back