• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE)

kyro berkers

New Pleskian
i've been looking for a solution for a few days now, but i haven't figured out what the problem is, I've also got the problem that the DKIM is not even configuring, atleast that's what the Gmail header has to say.
i've found a few solutions, but they didn't work for me. (old threats but i couldn't use the given links in them)
BTW this is the first time for me working with Plesk, so i need good and clear descriptions.

I hope someone can help me with this.

we use Linux (centOS) as OS and we use Plesk version 17.5.3 update #46, I've looked in to the enabling processes for DKIM and dmarc, and the Dmarc does enable but gives the error and doesn't come through correctly, and the DKIM is enabled but doesn't show in the header or DNS template (I don't know if it should show in DNS template, but I think it should).

the logs only show errors with the website hostname, what is not my job, I only have to worry about the email, and I can't find any errors in an email-based process

Last edited:
About dkim - dns for the domain you talk about is on the plesk server or on an external DNS Server?
Step 1. enable dkim in Plesk - see howto: Go to Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings > DKIM spam protection sectionTools and activate Allow signing outgoing mail
Step 2. enable dkim on the domain - see howto: Go to Plesk Panel > Domains > example.com > Mail Settings and activate the Use DKIM spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages
Step 3. check dkim entry in DNS Zone: Go to Plesk Panel > Domains > example.com > DNS settings > there should be an TXT record with default._domainkey.example.com. and check that the mailservice is enabled Mail messages are not signed up with DKIM signature
Step 4. use one of several dkim online test to verify like:
DKIM, SPF, and Spam Assassin Validator - dkimvalidator.com
DKIM Key Checker
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Record Lookup - DKIM Check - MxToolBox

Last edited:
Thanks, the DKIM is enabled now, but I am still with the issue that the outgoing emails are going directly to the spam folder, and I think that's because off the SP=quarantine. and I can't find a solution to this problem, if you have a solution for this as well I would highly appreciate it

Well you can use for example DKIM Test - DKIM Verify - DKIM Validator to see if the mail test for dkim, spf & dmarc will pass or which of the tests fails with details.

Go to Plesk Panel > Domains > example.com > DNS settings > there should be an TXT record for dmarc & spf - how looks your dmarc & spf TXT record?

I've checked the DKIM, dmarc & SPF, the SPF is all good and passes, the dmarc fails on the SP part and DKIM doesn't even show, but i believe the DKIM is all good from the last steps.
You can see the records in the picture, hopefully that's helpful in solving my issue. thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    7.7 KB · Views: 18
here is a screenshot of the Gmail header, so you can see what i am talking about

Attachments

• Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    7.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
i did that on purpose to test if that record would work but it didn't, and taking it out doesn't do anything, it's out now but i still have the SP quarantine error, i did a dmarc check on port25 and it said i have the correct record but it doesn't say anything about "SP=quarantine" as the Gmail header.

any more suggestions?

Back