• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question DNS: A and CNAME records don't work outside host

Birgir Hrafn

New Pleskian
Hello

I am hosting several domains and subdomains and I want to point a subdomain to a domain that is not mine.
I'm provided with a Plesk Parallels. I have DNS settings that seem to work ONLY for domains that I am hosting within that provider.

Only the sd4.example.com and sd2.example.com don't work.
They are A and CNAME records that point to an external web-app.

Notice that sd3.example.com is a CNAME that does work, but it points to another domain that is using the same host/ip.

Note: Whatever subdomain I type, it does serve me with the "Web Server's Default Page".

Does anyone have any idea why A/CNAME records don't work outside the host?

Here is a screenshot of the settings:
Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 18.35.20.png
Best regards
Birgir Hrafn

Hi Birgir Hrafn,

I suggest checking correct setting on registrar side that it points exactly to your server. Also, check that ip1-server correctly configured for serving requests for somedomain.com

Back