• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS CLI seems very slow to process 12.5.3 MU#10

bsass

Basic Pleskian
With some of our domains I use the DNS CLI to add and remove a lot of records, and ever since we upgraded from 9.5.4 the DNS command seems to run a lot slower executing (1 to 2 seconds per command). I have noticed CPU usage goes up a lot when running the command and I think it is all DB access. Here is an example command that on 9.5.4 would take about 5 seconds to run:

/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname rod -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname ryan -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname shirlee -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname sonia -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname stephena -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname steph -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname stephens -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname steven -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname terri -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname thomas -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname tom -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname william -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname willn -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname willi -canonical website.hostingcompany.com
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns --del domain.com -cname zhen -canonical website.hostingcompany.com

On the new setup in 12.5.3 this will take about 30 seconds to run.

Is there anything someone can suggest I look at or any other details I can provide to help narrow this down?

Also the OS is ‪CentOS Linux 7.1.1503 (Core)‬
12.5.30 Update #10
Virtual Server (KVM Hypervisor)
6x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz
8GB RAM
200GB of SSD based storage.

Thanks!

I ran this same script on another of one of my Plesk installs, same version, same OS, just less processing power and less RAM, and it ran very fast compared to my production system.

Thanks

Back