• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue DNS: failed while receiving responses: NOTAUTH

leon1811

New Pleskian
Hey,

I have one new plesk other with a DNS Problem. When I add new domains to the panel, I have to run every time "plesk repair dns -y". Without that, the domain is not resolvable.

Slave DNS Server returns:
transfer of 'XXXXX/IN' from 123.123.123.123#53: failed while receiving responses: NOTAUTH
[....]
zone test-XXXXX/IN: refresh: unexpected rcode (REFUSED) from master 123.123.123.123#53 (source 0.0.0.0#0)

Version 18.0.54 Update #4, Debian 11.7

This could mean that your Plesk server was not entered as one of the authoritative nameservers into the domain name dataset when you registered the domain name.

Also on the master/plesk server the dns zone is not created successfully.
On the plesk server "dig @localhost DOMAINNAME" only works after "plesk repair dns -y". Before that the domain name could not be resolved. That should also work --> and that works on my other plesk servers with not (nic) registered domains.

Have you verified that your authoritative nameservers have been entered correctly into the domain dataset?

Back