• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Help :: Newby

S

slpc

I've been reading Windows DNS material online and in books so much that my head is going to explode! I thought I knew how DNS worked until I finally ordered a box at Server Matrix. Now I'm stumped.

Instead of using my own DNS servers, I'd like to use the Server Matrix DNS servers (ns1/2.servermatrix.com) for now. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to setup my local site (in Plesk) so that it uses the SM DNS servers!

Here's what I have and what I've done:

1. Domain name registered at netsol
2. Pointing that domain name to the SM DNS servers
3. Created a 'client' and new domain in Plesk on my server

This is where I get stuck.... what do I do from this point? Please forgive me for being a newby at this, I normally hate having to ask for help. But I really need help this time, I'm just not getting something! [obviously] And I can't seem to find a nice step-by-step guide or sample case study anywhere.

You guessed it. This forum is just as worthless as the company that owns it.

I've already contacted Sw-Soft about major issues, and not a reply in 7 days. I WILL NOT do business with such a poor excuse for a company!

Thank you, but I've already figured it out. I had everything configured right, I just had to tell server matrix to point their name servers to my IP addy.

Back